Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Midtown Taqueria

On a little corner in East Sacramento sits the best Mexican food in the city.

Well.. that might be a little ambitious to say as I've only had food from Midtown and Tres Hermanas, but Midtown completely trumps Tres. Completely.



My first time at Midtown I had a Carne Asada burrito. I've never had Carne Asada before, but this was GOOD. Buttery and meaty, but not fatty or chewy. Packed into a perfectly steamed tortilla.

Last night, I gave it the real test thought. Chicken Burrito. It's how I test every Mexican food restaurant- if you have a good chicken burrito, you're pretty much a winner in my book. Yes, it's a simple, somewhat plain dish, but that's why I love it. It's easy and when it's good- it's good.



I took my little bag of chips and my enormous burrito home, cracked open the Lost Coast Tangerine that I had in the fridge, and watched some TV.

It was the most wonderful evening.







No comments:

Post a Comment