Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Monterey County

As I am in Monterey County for spring break, I felt inclined to write this post. Growing up in this area, I have developed some local favorites. If you are ever in this neck of the woods, you have my personal recommendations on the following places (and trust me, I'm picky.):

Salinas:
  • Bagel Corner (breakfast and lunch)
  • Gino's Italian (overpriced, but their blackened chicken fettuccine is unbeatable.)
*Both of these establishments happen to be owned by the same family. Get the Artichoke Bisque at either location. Really. Get it. I'd be shocked if you were disappointed.

Carmel Valley:
  • Baja Cantina (lunch or dinner) (GRILLED CHICKEN ENCHILADAS!!!!!) (I come here every single time I am on the peninsula. Just do it.) 
  • RG Burger at The Crossroads (lunch or dinner)
Carmel-By-The-Sea:
  • Katie's Place (breakfast/brunch) (Last time I was there it was cash only. Be prepared for that. In fact, I'd just be ready for cash only in general in CBTS)
  • Tommy's Wok (Chinese food. I have dreams about Tommy's.)
  • La Bicyclette (B,L,D- I've only been for breakfast. French food. The sweet and savory is fantastic!)
  • Bruno's Market! Walk to the back, go to the deli counter and get a sandwich. MMMM. Take it down to the beach and have a picnic. Or go support some local theater at Forest Theater- dress warmly, pack wine, enjoy your picnic!
Okay. There are a bunch of cafes and bakeries in CBTS. One of them has amazing Raspberry Sorbet, and my other favorite has the black & white cookie things... they also serve dog cookies. I've seen many a customer accidentally order one and get chuckled at.  Be careful. And get a Black & White. I wish you luck in this search. I'll give more detailed information if I ever figure it out. Heh. 

Monterey:
  • Rosine's (Off of Alvarado. B,L,D) (special order the Heavenly Squaw for lunch. Rye bread, turkey, sprouts... mmmm. They took it off the menu but I still insist they make it for me.)
  • Pizza My Heart in Del Monte Center (I swear it's the best Pizza My Heart in existence)
Fancy Pants Restaurants:
  • Roy's at Spanish Bay
  • Mission Ranch (get the Crème brûlée
Prepare for a big bill. But worth it. 


I think that's it for now.... Feel free to comment below to let me know your local favorites or ask for different recommendations! 


No comments:

Post a Comment