Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Current Location: Cookie Town

So I decided to try a new recipe, yesterday! 

Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I found this recipe via my FoodGawker which, in turn, led me to Kelsey's blog

I'm pretty excited. 

They were deemed the "BEST-EVER Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie," and if that doesn't scream "make me!" then I don't know what does. I have a fondness for chewy chocolate chip cookies.  The day I failed my behind the wheel driving test when I was 16, I ate an entire pack of Chewy Chips Ahoy. I'm not particularly proud of that, but it made me feel better (Thank you Chips Ahoy.) 

(P.S. I passed the driving test 2 weeks later. Thank you Dexter. I"m sure you were wonderful in your high school production of South Pacific.)

Here are your ingredients:

  • 3/4 c. unsalted butter [oh no, I just realized I used salted butter and put salt in. Um. WHOOPS (this is on top of almost forgetting half of the butter at first....)]
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar  
  • 1/4 c. granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
  • 2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch
  • 1tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt (ahem...)
  • 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chunks/chips




Directions:

1.Preheat your oven to 350* F

2. Cream you butter and sugars

3.Once light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla and cream some more

4. MIX in your flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.  Next add your chocolate.  I would also like to note that I tend to use my hands during this step, a lot, when I'm making cookies. It's easier for me to get all of my fry ingredients mixed in. Also adds a little extra love.  ;)



5. Using your preferred method, make your dough balls (heh) and place on your cookie sheet.  I usually use parchment paper when I bake, but didn't have any on hand.  :(  So I did grease my sheet a tad. 



6. I smushed my dough balls a bit (as I tend to do for all cookies) and they were ready to cook! 10 minutes in your preheated oven.  Kelsey notes, "The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes." I broke this cardinal rule, because I know that my oven cooks cool- I had mine in for 11 minutes. 

7. Let the little darlings cool on the sheet or a rack or however you would like  to cool completely (My aunt usually cools her cookies on a brown grocery bag... She makes really good cookies.)

I'm scared to try mine. 




Never fear! They're still delicious, even with my salt incident. 

These cookies are certainly good, and I do recommend them. The texture is really different from a "typical" chocolate chip cookie, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they're the "best-ever." Maybe if I make them without mucking up the recipe... 


Non cookie related note:
I highly recommend cooking with the Mumford & Sons Pandora station playing in the background.  





No comments:

Post a Comment