Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy New Year!

Not a typo.

Today, February 15th, is my 21st birthday.

And I am really excited.  :)

(and, yes, I set this post to auto publish at 12 am.  ;]  )


This is me, last year, pretty close to the day of my 20th birthday. My mom snuck in to my studio apartment, decorated (and cleaned) and popped out and scared surprised me when I walked in. 

I sit here, writing this post, on my couch in a different apartment, that I share with one of the dearest friends I've been lucky enough to have.  

I initially planned to have a long post reminiscing about all that has happened this past year of my life, but now I'm not going to. Here's a short version instead.

I have had plenty of heart break this year, and I'm sure I'll face more in the future. I've gone from having an explicitly spelled out life plan, to an extremely hazy one.  I also grew a lot though- I am so self-assured and proud of who I am.  I've leaned from my losses, and they have once again taught me about my own resilience, strength, and unyielding hope. I love that my future is open to become whatever I choose to make it. 

I can't wait for another year in this wonderful world!  

If you'll allow it, I'm going to let you in on what my wishes are for this year:
  • Learn to sail
  • Travel using a passport
  • See my nephew more
  • Experience something life changing
And the big one:
  • Contentedness, happiness, and understanding for myself and my loved ones.
Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment